The Breathable Body presents
Anxiety, Stress &
The Interior Life of Breath
A Continuum Moving Inquiry Workshop Series
Saturdays – Nov 7, 14, 21 & 28 9-11am PT
Wednesdays – Nov 4, 11, 18 & 25 4-6pm PT
You can take this class on either day as long as it is in the sequence. You can also come to class on both days at no extra cost.
2020 has been a year filled with tumultuous changes. Many of these changes have the potential to create states of anxiety, worry, concern and bewilderment. Prolonged anxiety can manifest as depression and have feeling states that are difficult to assimilate, like, fear, terror, anger, grief, and despair. Breathing can be difficult. Shortness of breath, rapid breathing and heart rate, chest breathing, mouth breath, grasping for the next breath, constantly feeling the need to take a big breath, a sense of being disconnected, muscle tension with aches and pains – all are common signs that breathing is dysregulated. There is a sense of confinement, as if trapped in a small space with no way out. Prolonged difficulty with breathing can begin to deteriorate general health, creating susceptibility to further illness.
Fortunately, breathing is not static; it is fluid and flexible and can be invited to break out of restrictive patterns that do not serve wellness. Breathing can be relaxing, peaceful, slower, deep in your lower belly and calming. The heart is quiet and slow. The sense of space and perception is open and receptive.
The Interior Life of Breath class series is an invitation to becoming more aware of how breath moves internally and the ways that the human body responds with movement. Becoming engaged in an intimate partnership with the biological process of breathing is the portal to learning how to allow breathing to self-regulate anxiety and help return your nervous system to a state of calm and peace.
During this four-week series you will learn how to:
- Identify and honor the teachings from the interior life of your breath.
- Engage a commitment to the values and practice of Nasal Breathing.
- Explore and discover how to trace breath’s movements and the body’s responses to support health, aliveness and in connection to the senses.
- Investigate the anatomy of respiratory and learn its function in breathing.
- Journal about breath’s teachings to optimize its potential to nourish the body, mind, spirit and heart and foster health.
- Learn how to shift habits of breathing from stressful to peaceful and from breathlessness to full, satisfying and easy breathing.
I am a Certified Breathing Behavior Analyst, a Buteyko Breathing Educator, Somatic Practitioner and a Registered Movement Educator. I have been in practice for 32 years.
For more information: thebreathablebody.com – 206.707.1639
Tuition: Sliding Scale $80 – $120
Send your tuition to PayPal.com. Upon receipt I will send you the Zoom link for the classes. Thank you!
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD ZOOM 5.0 BEFORE THE SEMINAR