The Breathable Body presents
The Interior Life of Breath
A Continuum Moving Inquiry Workshop Series
Saturdays – Sept 5, 12, 19 & 26 9-11am PT
The life essence carries on its play through the pulsing rhythms of outward and inward movement. This is the ceaseless throb, the rhythm of life –
The inhalation, the return movement of breath, sustains life.
The outgoing breath purifies life.
These are the two poles between which respiration goes on unceasingly.
Between them is every delight you could desire.
Radiance Sutras by Loren Roche, PhD
Air, swirling through space, arrives at the entry of the nose to begin its interior life as the next breath, spiraling down the airways into the lungs, delivering a vital supply of oxygen. The body, quickened by its arrival swells, making room for this inflow.
Breath, reaching its pinnacle, slides effortlessly into the exhale, as the body adjusts. Less buoyant now, the body settles its weight on to the earth. Resting here in the space between the breaths, the next impulse arrives, starting this process anew. We are born again.
What do we notice while we are being breathed? What perceptions arrive? What thoughts, images and feelings are noticed? Breath creates life, and intimacy. It can be our personal teacher and partner as we attend to its gifts. It is sacred relationship that can only exist while we breathe.
During this four-week series we will:
- Honor the teachings and interior life of breath.
- Explore and discover how to trace breath’s movements and the body’s responses, bringing alive our senses.
- Investigate together the anatomy of breathing.
- Journal breath’s teachings to record the processes that optimize its potential to nourish the body, mind, spirit and heart and foster health.
- Learn how to shift habits of breathing from stressful to easeful and from breathlessness to breathing fulfillment.
I am a Certified Breathing Behavior Analyst, a Buteyko Breathing Educator, Somatic Practitioner and a Registered Movement Educator. I have been in practice for 32 years.
For more information: thebreathablebody.com – 206.707.1639
Tuition: Sliding Scale $80 – $120
Send your tuition to PayPal.com. Upon receipt I will send you the Zoom link for the classes. Thank you!
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD ZOOM 5.0 BEFORE THE SEMINAR