Fundamentals of Your Breathable Body
A 3 Day Course
This three-day course will draw upon the theories and practices of Buteyko Breathing Education and Continuum Moving Inquiry. We will have the time to discuss what you are learning and implementing into your daily lives. There will be additional time for group practice and breathing contemplative explorations of the relationship between breath, body, and health on all levels of being human. I will facilitate body centered explorations to increase your awareness and intimacy with how your body responds to the movement of your breathing throughout each complete cycle of respiration.
Over the three days you will learn:
- The relationship between your breathing and your health and how gaining intelligence about your breathing behaviors can foster the health of that relationship.
- Why using your nose for breathing is the first step in breathing that supports your health and sense of intimacy with yourself.
- How body positions, “postures” affect your breathing. How to use your body posture to facilitate the ease and flow of breathing.
- What you experience when you bring your awareness to your breathing will be the intelligence and wisdom you will gain and integrate into your daily life.
- How group sharing of your experience teaches you that we are all geniuses about what we know and that we benefit from learning from each other. This truth is what makes each class unique.
- How becoming aware of the relationship between body and breath is both primary and essential for increasing your breathing capacity to nourish and meet your body’s need for breath in all circumstances.
- How to measure the biochemical health of your breathing
- Styling your breathing to increase the flow of oxygen and balancing the internal atmosphere of your respiratory gases which is necessary in maintaining and sustaining your health.
- How breathing has an impact on conditions of: Asthma, allergies, anxiety, panic, sleep, insomnia, sleep apnea and hypopnea, digestions, fatigue, aches, pains, and athletic and work performance.
At the end of the course, you will have these skills to use for the rest of your life to nurture your breathing and body health under most conditions.
Friday 4:00pm – 6:30pm • Saturday 9:00am – 11:30am & 1:30pm – 3:30pm • Sunday 10:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 3:00pm …*Pacific Time
All courses will be recorded for your continued use for 6 months. If you cannot make a class or need to begin late or leave early, you can catch up on the material by watching the recording.