This 6-month course consists of one weekend a month for 6 months and a mid-month 2-hour class to ask questions and talk about your progress. It is a primer for the teachings within the book: The Breathable Body – Transforming your World and Your Life One Breath at a Time.
The remaining course schedule is being finalized at present
Each week we will follow the sequence of the chapters in the book and exploring in real time the principles and practices presented in the book.
In between each class, you will be practicing these principles and explorations and keep a journal to record your curiosities and discoveries. This will enable you to speak about them in the weekend class and the mid-month process group.
During this program you will learn:
- The Buteyko Breathing Education program for yourself, clients, friends and loved ones.
- The Anatomy of Breathing.
- Movement and posture practices to increase the ease and flow of breath and breathing capacity.
- The science of the biochemistry, biomechanics, and psycho/physiology of breathing.
- How beliefs and past experiences like trauma play a crucial role in the health of your breathing body.
- Unravel habits that limit breathing capacity and flow causing illness.
- When to refer to other modalities for support.
- Breathing meditations
To identify breathing disorders: allergies, asthma, COPD, anxiety and panic, sleep disorders, digestion, fatigue,
- To increase creativity and performance in work, play and exercise.
- How community building that focuses on breathing supports breath for everyone.
- The politics of breathing
- The effects of pollution on breathing and the worldwide epidemic of the loss of air quality and how breathing practices can help ease these effects.
- Home and office air quality care.
There will be a syllabus and course outline, worksheets, handouts and a suggested reading list.
All courses will be recorded and are available for your continued use for.